Select Chapters:

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Horrible Bosses (2011)


Starring: Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, Jason Sudeikis, Jennifer Aniston, Colin Farrell, Kevin Spacey, Jamie Foxx

Directed by: Seth Gordon

Let me start by admitting that when the movie was first released in cinema few months back, I decided against watching it despite having multiple opportunities to watch it. The reason was simple: I thought that, based on the trailer, the movie would be just okay and thus not worth cinema time. Trust me; it was not because of its genre. I am fine of watching comedy-drama in cinema. It just at that point, the trailer did not really induce me to watch the movie despite the all star line-up including Jennifer Aniston aka Rachel from Friends. I love her, I do!

But I was wrong. The movie is good. Yes, it is very entertaining, funny, smart, and it really stands out that the ordinary class C drama-comedies out there. Jason Bateman, once again, proved us that he was suited for that type of genre. Charlie Day’s goofy character put colour in the movie, but Jason truly outclassed everyone in that movie. The jokes are not lame. The plot is succinct and to the point. It surely does not waste any screen time despite, again, the all star line-up that should have deserved more screen time.
 
Sexy and seductive scene by Jennifer Aniston <3

Interesting cast by Collin. To think he was once this awesome guy in Phonebooth!

Jennifer Aniston played Charlie Day's sex-crazed-maneater boss.
Anyway, Horrible Bosses is about horrible bosses. I cannot really say much, it is pretty much self-explanatory. These three guys (Jason, Charlie, and Jason) were having truly horrible times at their work place because of their respective bosses. So they planned to kill them.

I would not mind watching it again because of Jason Bateman of course (and Jennifer =p).

Movie rating: 7 / 10

No comments: